Some people use inflated language because they think it makes them sound impressive, but using words readers don’t immediately recognize only slows them down and leads to confusion.
Use common language to rewrite these sentences. You may need to look up some of the words so you can choose simpler ones.
- The manager tendered his resignation after a catalogue of unfortunate decisions called into question his continuation as an effective leader.
- After copious compulsory exercises requiring arduous mental calisthenics, the members of the team retired to savor libations.
- It is a tricky problem to find the particular calibration in timing that would be appropriate to stem the acceleration in risk premiums.
- Due to a negative patient outcome, the legal team at the hospital adopted remediation strategies designed to avert the possibility of litigious activities.
- Once we prognosticate how upturns and downturns impact short and long-term income earning data, we’ll generate a position paper.
- We facilitated the production of hard deliverables and hit all required real-time benchmarks.
- Only a disrupter of the most comprehensive scope will enable efficacious results.
- The meeting will convey knowledge about the recent egregious affair to participants, after which salubrious comestibles will be offered.
- The disproportionate amount of grandiloquent terminology was detrimental to the ultimate goal of communicating the new regulations to the members of the audience.
- Irrespective of the necessity to terminate the contract, the quintessential goal of the assembly is to arrest all further dialogue on the issue.